My style is very direct, straightforward, and designed to get you results.
In a phone/Skype consultation I can help you:
- Clarify your sexual goals
- Identify intimacy obstacles
- Implement strategies for success
How Does a Skype or phone Session Work?
After you fill out the intake questionnaire so that I can better help you, and we have our initial free phone consultation, if we decide to work together you can schedule a session via my online calendar. You would pay for the session at that time, so we don’t have to take up any of the appointment time with that. Everything you tell me is confidential, and I have a 48 hour cancellation policy.
If you are ready to take the next step, please fill out my Intake Questionnaire and I will call you at the appointed time.
What Is a Clinical Sexologist?
As a Clinical Sexologist I am a trained professional (PhD in Clinical Sexology), with over thirty years of experience, specializing in sexual and relationship issues. This is something I know a lot about, and work with exclusively. I offer sex counseling to help people understand and accept themselves as sexual beings and meet their sexual goals. I work with individuals and couples. It is very similar to marriage and couples therapy and has an added focus on sexuality.
As a Sexologist I am inherently sex-positive and maintain a broad perspective by taking factors such as biological, psychological, sociological, anthropological and historical into consideration when addressing sexual issues. I am nonjudgmental, which means that I do not have any preconceptions of what a client’s sexuality “should” look like.
How Does a Clinical Sexologist Work?
Clinical Sexologists facilitate clients’ sexual growth by helping them to identify their sexual goals and by offering education, resources, tools and techniques to help them meet those goals and ultimately manage their own sexual growth. The process entails the following steps:
- Helping clients to identify where they are, and where they want to be when they finish their work with a psychosexual specialist.
- Helping clients to identify the factors that allow them to feel safe, and those that prevent them from meeting their sexual goals.
- Designing and suggesting exercises, if appropriate, to help clients to progressively expand their sexual comfort zones until they reach their goals.
If you are ready to take the next step, please fill out my intake form to schedule your free 15-minute consultation.